Successfully submitted manuscript is rapidly assigned to an Editor from the Journal Editorial Board based on the topic of the manuscript. The below cycle will then follow:
- The Editor in charge of the manuscript decides upon the relevance of the manuscript to go through the normal review process as it is appropriate to the Journal Aims and Scope.
- Successfully screened manuscripts are sent to 2-3 qualified experts for a full blind, high-quality and fair refereeing process.
- The reviewers are encouraged to provide informative comments on the manuscript to the Editor within 3-4 weeks of the initial submission.
- Based on reviewers' comments, the Editor recommends whether a manuscript will be published without changes, accepted subject to changes (minor/major) or rejected.
- The Editor's decision on the manuscript is rapidly communicated to the authors.
- Accepted manuscripts that are subject to minor or major changes are expected to be accordingly revised and resubmitted by the authors in a timely manner.
- Science Target shall furnish authors of fully accepted papers with proofs for the correction of printing errors.
- Authors are encouraged to return the proofs within 3 calendar days of submittal to expedite manuscript publication in the approaching Journal Issue.
- When the final version of the manuscript is accepted for publication, a formal acceptance letter will be issued and sent to the author(s). Authors are requested not to propose further changes to the final accepted version of the manuscript.
- Once the manuscript is published, Science Target shall not be held responsible for errors which are the result of authors' oversights.
(Figure highlights interrelated steps in Article Review Cycle)