iWISE2017 Conference will be held at the River Building – Carleton University, Ottawa, during July 3-5, 2017. The conference is organized by Science Target Inc. in collaboration with professional and academic institutions both are local and international.
iWISE2017 will integrate research, technology and expertise in fields of water, informatics, sustainability and environment. This will be complemented through focused themed sessions allowing for a lively exchange of ideas as well as contributions from highly selective keynote speakers from well-known leaders in the field.
The year 2017 version of the conference is expected to attract around 100 researchers from around the globe which will be more than double of the previous version. Researchers and participants will be coming from different sorts of backgrounds; academic, research centers, NGOs, and government organizations.
iWISE2017 offers the following
- 3 days of engaging breakout sessions that will reignite passion for innovation and showcase current research and practices in the fields of climate change, sustainable land use, eco-cities, integrated resources management, green economy, clean production, disaster management, environmental education, and water research.
- Technical workshops and themed sessions which will serve as an excellent opportunity to connect with colleagues and exchange ideas. It will also help in gaining valuable expertise needed for decision-making on implementation of green practices; such as using eco-efficient technology, managing the carbon footprint, and supporting the climate change resilience.
- Climate Resilience Student Competition where promising student minds from top Ottawa-Hull universities and colleges brainstorming and debating innovative solutions. The winning team will be honored with prizes at the end of the competition.
- The Ottawa Sustainability Tour; a very attractive social activity, to celebrate the Canada 150. The tour reflects the sustainability sense of the National Capital Region. Tour is offered as part of our partnership with the Ottawa Biosphere Eco-city Council
- Digital and hard copies of conference publications including program, flyers, and book of abstracts will be distributed to all participant.
- Publication of selected papers in the International Journal of Environment and Sustainability (ISSN 1927-9566) and International Journal of Sustainable Land Use and Urban Planning (ISSN 1927-8845).
iWISE2017 Official Journals
Accepted full papers will get complimentary waiving of publishing fees at the following Science Target journals
International Journal of Environment and Sustainability (IJES)
The International Journal of Environment and Sustainability (IJES) is an interdisciplinary journal directed towards academics, practitioners and policy makers within and across nations.
Aims and Scope
IJES publishes original and review papers, surveys, case studies, technical and management reports, viewpoints, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news in various environment and sustainability fields. IJES ensures timely publication of theoretical and empirical manuscripts that meet the general criteria of scientific excellence.
International Journal of Sustainable Land Use and Urban Planning (IJSLUP)
The International Journal of Sustainable Land Use and Urban Planning (IJSLUP) is a prime multidisciplinary forum for exchanging knowledge on fundamental and applied aspects of land use and urban planning.
Aims and Scope
IJSLUP publishes original and review papers, surveys, case studies, technical and management reports, viewpoints, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news in various aspects of land use and urban planning. IJSLUP ensures rapid publication of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of scientific excellence